A importância de aprender um novo idioma
Aprendendo um novo idioma
Segundo o artigo publicado no site da BBC, há diversos motivos pelos quais você deve aprender um novo idioma:
Even a little knowledge of the language can make a difference in attitude when you meet people from other countries. Speaking another language helps to break down barriers.
Work and business
It can help you give an added advantage in your career if you work for an international firm or a company with international customers or contacts.
Music, film, arts and culture
If you like literature, fims or music from other countries, learning the language will help your appreciation and understanding.
For a challenge
You can learn a language in short, bite-sized sessions and you’ll enjoy a sense of satisfaction from achieving short-term goals, such as learning how to say hello, introducing yourself or numbers 1-10.
Dicas para aprender um novo idioma:
- Little and often is best. Ten minutes every day tends to be more effective and manageable than a longer session once a week.
- Mistakes are part of the learning process. Have a go and you’ll learn much more quickly: most native speakers will already appreciate you making an effort.
- Listen to language learning CDs or podcasts during idle times, such as when travelling to work.
- Watch TV and video online in the language you’re learning. You may not understand much of it but it will help you get used to how the language sounds and, with the help of the visuals, you’ll pick up odd words and phrases.
- Write words on post-it notes and stick them around the house.
- Say phone numbers out loud, make shopping and other lists or memorise orders in a bar or restaurant.
- Repeat activities to consolidate what you’ve learnt.
- Visit to a place where you can use the language you’re learning – if anything, it will keep you motivated.
- Find a learning partner.
- Go back every now and again to something you did early on. You may be surprised at how much you’ve learnt
Leia o artigo na íntegra: